This project is read-only.

Feedback, Questions, Suggestions

Sep 17, 2007 at 8:17 AM
Please, feel free to share your feedback, suggestions and ask questions.
Jan 17, 2008 at 6:29 AM
Edited Jan 17, 2008 at 6:45 AM
Built and installed the control fine and did your first sample test line w/ a valid key, and the map is coming up gray. I'm running on localhost. Could that be the problem?
Jan 17, 2008 at 12:18 PM
I don't think localhost is the problem.
I'm running google map control on localhost while development and don't have problems, exept driving directions.
However, try it with another keys obtained.

Regards,
Velio
May 13, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Hi, Velio

About the Directions

GoogleMap1.Directions.Add(new GoogleDirection(finalroute, "route", locale));

There are other properties for DirectionsRequest, How can I add the follow properties:

avoidHighways, avoidTolls, travelMode.

Regards,

LEO

May 13, 2010 at 2:17 PM
Edited May 13, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Velio,

The map works very well but I am having some issues.

1. How do I clear the previous markers from my map?  I am using GoogleMap1.Markers.Clear(); which seems to clear them but they always stay on my actual map.
  2. Is there any way to tell driving distance so that I can pull it out separately?
  3. Is there a way to get back the geocode for an address in the code behind without doing multiple post backs?
  4. If I use the onDrag event, is there a way to get the new center of the map in codebehind?

Overall, your video examples are pretty good.  I would love to see a document with a list of all of the calls that can be made to the API and how to use them.

I figured out number 1.  I just had to remove the EnableMarkerManager="true" from my <artem:GoogleMap> tag.

May 14, 2010 at 11:38 AM
kissleonard wrote:

Hi, Velio

About the Directions

GoogleMap1.Directions.Add(new GoogleDirection(finalroute, "route", locale));

There are other properties for DirectionsRequest, How can I add the follow properties:

avoidHighways, avoidTolls, travelMode.

Regards,

LEO

Hi Leo,

I will add them to the next release 4.5 which I start working on.

Regards

May 14, 2010 at 11:40 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
May 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM
RandomBen wrote:

Velio,

The map works very well but I am having some issues.

1. How do I clear the previous markers from my map?  I am using GoogleMap1.Markers.Clear(); which seems to clear them but they always stay on my actual map.
  2. Is there any way to tell driving distance so that I can pull it out separately?
  3. Is there a way to get back the geocode for an address in the code behind without doing multiple post backs?
  4. If I use the onDrag event, is there a way to get the new center of the map in codebehind?

Overall, your video examples are pretty good.  I would love to see a document with a list of all of the calls that can be made to the API and how to use them.

I figured out number 1.  I just had to remove the EnableMarkerManager="true" from my <artem:GoogleMap> tag.

Hi RandomBen,

I will see what I can do for the next release 4.5 :)

Regards

May 26, 2010 at 5:04 AM

Velio, thank you.

I tried other .Net components and this one is the best I found.

I'll try to do great stuff with it.

Regards.

May 28, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Hi, love the control! I struggle with a couple of things about it.

1) I cannot for the life of me get the localhost version to work. When I upload it to my isp on the internet, the page loads the map fine; on localhost I get trust level errors which I simply cannot solve. I have added the <"trust level = "full" originurl=""> to the web config, and spent hours at it but to no avail. I can, however, still test by laboriously uploading each change to the web and seeing it live. Wish I could get around this hindrance.

2) I am truly hampered by a lack of understanding as to how all the properties and methods work. I feel like I'm just guessing. Actually, that's because I am. Is there any kind of plans for comprehensive documentation, detailing how/when to use what commands? I use VB.net, so although I can work with the C# examples it is tough.

I want to thank-you very much for your incredible hard work. I owe you a big debt of gratitude. Thanks for all you have done, and continue to do.

Mike

May 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Hi, your doing a great job with the control!

Suggestions (for the brief time I've been using it) for me would be:

• When adding markers from address, populate the Long Lat properties of the marker object.
  • Make availlable a auto-zoom function of the GoogleMap object that would auto-zoom and center map on all markers added to map.  That could also be a property like: AutoZoom {true, false} of the control, that will center/zoom each time you add a marker if set to true.

Those are the first suggestions I see for now.

Thank you for listening to our requests!

René

Jun 14, 2010 at 7:58 PM
baltazarQc wrote:
  • Make availlable a auto-zoom function of the GoogleMap object that would auto-zoom and center map on all markers added to map.  That could also be a property like: AutoZoom {true, false} of the control, that will center/zoom each time you add a marker if set to true.

This feature would be of great help to me as well.  One set of features I miss from the JavaScript side of the API is working with Bounds, extending bounds, and zooming to bounds.  It saves a lot of extra tracking and calculating to let the API handle that when all I have to do is drop my markers on the map.

Jun 16, 2010 at 4:36 AM

Hi velio,

RandomBen asked the question "How do I clear the previous markers from my map?  I am using GoogleMap1.Markers.Clear(); which seems to clear them but they always stay on my actual map."

Is there any update on the status of this?  Is this fixed in the latest 5.0 alpha or is there a workaround you can provide for this?

Essentially I'm trying to clear all the existing markers serverside and add new ones with EnableMarkerManger set to true.

Thanks,

Stephen

Jun 16, 2010 at 7:04 AM
Edited Jun 16, 2010 at 7:07 AM

Hi Stephen,

As you can see from the source code of release 5.0, I’m re-designing the control and switching to a ScriptControl implementation.
I have changed entirely the client state persistence and the events model.
The issue you described is one of those, I want to fix with the new improvements.

Your next question probably will be, when the new release 5.0 will be issued. The problem is I hardly find some free time to work on. Then I have created a lot of work for the release with the re-design.

My deadline for release 5.0 has passed (something usual with deadlines in our business ☺), it was 7th of June.
Now I hope to issue the beta version by the end of the month, respecting the fact that I will be on family holiday from 18th to 27th of June.

Regards

Jun 16, 2010 at 7:38 AM

Hi velio,

Thanks for the quick response. You really are doing some incredible work with this. I and everyone else really appreciate what time you can afford to this open source project.

One last question... How stable have you found the 5.0 alpha to be so far? 

Thanks,

Stephen