Dark Drop Shadow for InfoContent Window

May 5, 2010 at 12:57 AM

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this? I have created a simple marker with an infocontent but when the window appears there is a black shadow over the lighter shadow for the window.

Here is my map control declaration:

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="upMap" runat="server">
        <ContentTemplate>
            <cc1:GoogleMap ID="googlemap1" runat="server" Zoom="12" Latitude="33.549450" Longitude="-117.181578"
                Height="500px" Width="600px" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderColor="#999999" BorderWidth="1"
                ZoomPanType="Large3D">
            </cc1:GoogleMap>
        </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>

And in my code behind, I create my markers by instantiating them with an address. So really nothing out of the ordinary.

Thanks In Advance...

May 13, 2010 at 4:58 PM
Just realized this is a browser issue. This dark shadow does not happen when using Firefox but does when using IE.
Sep 27, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I have the same issue on IE, have you find the problem?

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:02 PM

I had the same problem this morning.  I found that my IE browser was zoomed to 105%.  I removed the zooming the the black shadow went away.

I read on a different forum that it had something to do with IE's graphic "smoothing" and can be turned off.

I think a better question is "How can you turn off the shadow completely?" It is really not needed just some pretty extra.