This project is read-only.

Random Missing Markers Question

Jan 30, 2008 at 7:56 AM
I am using your terrific control to pull addresses from a database and in code behind programaticaly setting the markers. I am setting approx 32 markers. It appears when looking at the page source code that all the information for all 32 markers is present. However on the map itself, only 80%- 90% of the markers are getting placed, and it is random which markers are missing. I have tried pulling this apart for a while to no avail. The problem is evident in both IE7 and Firefox. Any suggestions?
Jan 31, 2008 at 6:33 AM
Hi,
It looks like Google Map Marker Manager is enabled.
Check out here about what is MarkerManager.
So, just make sure it is disabled. For example if your control is GoogleMap1 should look like:
GoogleMap1.EnableMarkerManager = false;

Hope this helps.
Velio
Apr 14, 2009 at 3:31 AM
Hi, I encounter the same problem. I have disabled Marker Manager, but I was only able to retrieve half of number of markers on the map. What is the best work around? thank you for your time.
Apr 14, 2009 at 7:23 AM
Edited Apr 14, 2009 at 7:27 AM
Hi,

You should then verify the addresses you use for the markers.
In an early release I have implemented a safe (wrapped in try-catch) geocode marker resolving, because on a bad address JS error appears and harms the entire map functionality.
The code which silently ignores those bad marker addresses can be found in the render method of Artem.Web.GoogleMap object (starting at line 1023 in GoogleMap4.js) and looks like:

if (this.Markers) {

var m;

for (var i = 0; i < this.Markers.length; i++) {

m = this.Markers[i];

if ((m.Latitude != 0) && (m.Longitude != 0)) {

try {

m.load(new GLatLng(m.Latitude, m.Longitude));

}

catch (ex) { }

}

else {

try {

this.Geocoder.getLatLng(m.Address, Function.Delegate.create(m, m.load));

}

catch (ex) {

}

}

}

}

The only thing in that case I can do is to implementing in final release 4.0 an AddressNotFound client and server events for the markers, similar to the one I have implemented for the GoogleMap control.

Regards
Apr 14, 2009 at 3:48 PM
Sir! Thank you very much for your time.
May 5, 2009 at 6:49 PM
Hi.

I have markermanager enabled, but how can i add markers that are shown only in zoom levels 4 to 8 ? cause i have hundreds of geopoints, i start with a zoom 2 level with few points ( 1 per country ) and want that when the user click/zoom to lower leves it can see more markers.

Thx
Mar 22, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Hi,

I have th same problems :

some markers are missing after a wrong Marker (with a bad address).

I'm looking for this work around but i didn't found it.

Where I can implement this code :

if  (this.Markers) {

var m;

for (var i = 0; i < this.Markers.length; i++) {

m = this.Markers[i];

if ((m.Latitude != 0) && (m.Longitude != 0)) {

try {

m.load(new GLatLng(m.Latitude, m.Longitude));

}

catch (ex) { }

}

else {

try {

this.Geocoder.getLatLng(m.Address, Function.Delegate.create(m, m.load));

}

catch (ex) {

}

}

}

I use the 4.1 version (GoogleMap-4.1.js)

thank you for your help.

May 12, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Hi,

I always have this problem.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks.