A few problems

Jun 23, 2010 at 2:22 PM
Edited Jun 24, 2010 at 6:27 AM

Dear Reader,

First off I want to thank the creator for making this handy ASP.NET Control.

Thou I had a few questions regarding this control that I could not find (or atleast wich was not marked as solved)

The markers that are shown on the map are dynamicly loaded from a database, the markers show depends on the selection the user made.

If the user changes his selection the previous markers dont dissapear, the Markers.Clear() method doesnt seem to solve this, any idea's?

Also when I changed the selection and it loads the markers the map loses all its settings (Controls are gone, Scroll zooming doesnt work, cant drag the map, only can zoom out), any idea's about this aswell? (Thou I think I did this to myself cause it worked before so dont worry to much about this) Solved

If I add certain markers that arnt in the current zoom level, they still show up the will only dissapear if I zoom till their show level and have me zoom out again, hope anyone got an idea on this?

I want to thank everyone for their answers in advance

Donovan

Jun 25, 2010 at 1:51 PM
Hi, I think I'm trying to do the same thing you are, but I haven't been able to get my map to display the markers just as yet. I have a gridview on the page to ensure that the objectdatasource is providing the data, but no markers display. Can you tell me what you had to do to get it to work please? I started a topic on this called 'Databinding'. Thanks.
Jun 25, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I'm afraid we arnt using the same methods to load our markers onto the map.
I use LINQ to get a variable list full with all the information I need, for each item in the list I get the Latitude and Longtitude and add them as a marker on the map.

Jun 25, 2010 at 7:04 PM
okay, thanks for responding.