Google Map Control 5 with asp.net 4 problem ?

Jul 28, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Hello,

I try to display the google map with the last 2 build (59792 and 63489) but it does not display anything.

I use the framework.net 4 on II7 (win 2008 web server R2). On my other server with framework 3.5, it works great.

On my masterpage i have:

    <asp:ToolkitScriptManager ID="ToolKitScriptManager1" runat="server"
        ScriptMode="Release"
        CompositeScript-ScriptMode="Release"
        CombineScripts="true"
        EnableScriptLocalization="true"
        EnableScriptGlobalization="true"
        CombineScriptsHandlerUrl="~/Handlers/CombineScriptManager.ashx">
        </asp:ToolkitScriptManager>

I have 1 default.aspx which loads users controls.

On users controls i have :

<%@ Register TagPrefix="artem" Namespace="Artem.Google.UI" Assembly="Artem.Google" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="asp" %>

and:

                            <artem:GoogleMap ID="GoogleMap1" runat="server" Width="340px" Height="220px"
                            Latitude="42.1229" ShowMapTypeControl="false" EnableScrollWheelZoom="true" RenderMode="Ajax"
                                Longitude="24.7879" Zoom="13"></artem:GoogleMap>

the result is here :

http://www.all-workshops.com/stage/111/la_magie_de_la_macro_photo (inside the zone "où sont les formateurs?")

or : http://www.all-workshops.com/stage/111/la_magie_de_la_macro_photo (in the zone "details pratiques" on the right of the text)

As you can see, nothing is displayed. I tryed to disable the scriptLocalization and scriptGlobalization on the toolkitscriptmanager but it doesn't change anything.

Do you have an idea of what i did wrong ?

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Hi,

The problem is you probably used a release build of the early bits of version 5.0.
When compiling a release build the minified version of control's javascript file (ArtemGoogle.min.js) is added as web resource reference.
And because it is still alpha and I'm still working on version 5.0, I didn't generated a new (synchronized) version of recent javascript changes (ArtemGoogle.js).

In your case you can use the debug build or get the change set 63574 I just published with generated minified version of control's javascript and then even the release build should be working fine.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Thank you very much. The last release works really great.