js Error: Error: useless setTimeout call (missing quotes around argument?)

Aug 28, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Hi,

I'm getting the following script error "Error: Error: useless setTimeout call (missing quotes around argument?)" in Firebug, it is coming from the script file loaded by the GoogleMap Control via the webResource.axd.  I'm loading the same markers over and over...not new ones and it happens intermittently, if you refresh the page enough it will happen sooner or later.  When it does happen it prevents the remaining markers from loading onto the map.  I'm not sure what is going on since I'm not able to figure out what is happening exactly using the script debugger and I can see the markers in the source of the page, everything looks good.  You can see the site here: http://s1.cxctest.com/members refresh a couple of time in IE (script debugging on) or Firefox with debugger and they will catch the error.

Any help or direction would be greatly appretiated.

Eric

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:01 PM

I am having the same problem.  When I add a large set of markers (via databinding or foreach loop) I get the same error after some random marker is placed, and then the rest of the markers do not load.  Its is never the same marker that triggers the error, so I do not believe that this is a problem with any of my objects.  Perhaps something is timing out somewhere?  I am setting the address in the markers, as opposed to the lat/long properties, if that helps.

Oct 29, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I have found this happens to me in IE 8, but it was working properly in ie 6 and chrome. Maybe someone figure this out it is very frustrating

Nov 12, 2010 at 8:28 PM

I have the same problem but have found that it only happens when the marker has been given an invalid address.  In my case I am binding to address records that have never been verified and there is certainly some bad data.  I have tried to catch the OnAddressNotFound event, but that seems to only occur if you set the whole map's address to an invalid address.  In this case, it is the address of a marker that is invalid and I can not seem to either find an exception to trap or tell the control to just skip the placement of the marker when the address can not be mapped.

I have implemented geolocation where I get the lat. and long. of each address before creating the marker.  That works because you can identify when no lat. and long. are returned and skip the address/marker but of course it is slow for a large number of addresses so I'd rather not do it this way.