This project is read-only.

GoogleMap doesn't display more than 10 markers

Oct 11, 2011 at 4:20 PM
Edited Oct 11, 2011 at 7:40 PM

I dont know what I'm missing in my code, when I try to add markers into my GoogleMap control 5.0, it is displaying good till 9 markers, when I try to add  more than 10, I can see only 10 markers displaying on the map rest of them are ignored. Is there is anyway that I can display all of them? Kindly help me to proceed further in my project.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:09 PM

I am having the same issue.  I am connecting to a datasource which is returning 55 rows,  but only 9 points are showing up.  Any idea?



        For Each row As placement.ActiveFacilitiesforBrowseRow In dtActiveFacilities.Rows

            Dim gmapAddress As String = row.address.ToString & " " & & ", " & row.state.ToString & " " &

            GoogleMap1.Address = gmapAddress
            Dim marker1 As New Marker
            marker1.Address = gmapAddress
            marker1.Info = "<strong>" & row.facilityname.ToString & " </strong>" & "<br />" & gmapAddress




Dec 6, 2011 at 5:13 AM

i have the exact same problem!  is there no solution??? where is the documentation????

Dec 13, 2011 at 1:52 AM

I am also having this problem, however I am receiving a JavaScript error after the 10th marker is added to the map.. 

>> Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'console' is undefined

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:39 AM

Getting the same error here:

        For s As Integer = 0 To GridView1.Rows.Count - 1
            Dim suburb As String
            suburb = GridView1.Rows(s).Cells(1).Text.ToString() + " ," + GridView1.Rows(s).Cells(2).Text.ToString()
            Dim marker1 As Marker = New Marker
            marker1.Address = suburb
            'marker1.Info = suburb + vbNewLine + "SV PARTNERS"
            'marker1.Draggable = False
            GoogleMap1.ViewStateMode = UI.ViewStateMode.Enabled

Only 10 markers displayed.

Please help. There must be a fix for this. We need to be able to add more than 10 markers.

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Did you add the GoogleMarkers control and then databind it?  It seems to work doing it this way.  I was able to duplicate your errors as I had the same myself, but doing this worked out just fine.  I setup a datasource on my form just querying my Lat / Long and it worked like a charm after doing this.

I'll try to post some code.  Also, if you haven't already, download the sample project the DEV wrote.  Its an exact duplicate of his public facing page here:

If you download the sample, it shows you.  I would be interested to hear back.






Dec 16, 2011 at 10:36 PM

It appears to me that the only datasource that is accepted is Object Data Source in the GoogleMarkers control. Are there any other options such as SQL Server and Access data source available? BTW I will like to know if its also possible only passing the address parameter instead of the Lat / Long because I don't have them and will need to query them for 100's of different locations?


Feb 1, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Edited Feb 1, 2012 at 8:54 AM


Dear all,

I'm working in a project which get the coordinates of many points from DB to draw it in the map to help some engineers for planning

Is there any way to display 1000s markers or icon in the same map control with acceptable performance ?

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:50 AM

I have the exact same error, only 10 markers max.  I am building the markers dynamically.  I've tried many different scenarios, but none of them works.  If someone has an example of a map where more than 10 markers are being displayed that are being dynamically created, I would greatly appreciate seeing how it works.  Thanks!

Jul 7, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I too am seeing the 10 marker maximum.  does anyone have some code that has a workaround?  I am dynamically creating the markers on page load from a SQL server database.

Jul 9, 2012 at 1:33 PM

A little more information found on this issue.  when the 10 marker max is reached, the geocoding returns an error of "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT".

anyone else seen this and gotten around it?  I suspect it is because I am sending addresses to be geocoded, and not lat/lons.

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:52 AM
jjborland wrote:

A little more information found on this issue.  when the 10 marker max is reached, the geocoding returns an error of "OVER_QUERY_LIMIT".

anyone else seen this and gotten around it?  I suspect it is because I am sending addresses to be geocoded, and not lat/lons.


Is correct jjborland ! solve it using the library Artem.GoogleGeocoding.dll

My workarond:

var countries = GetAllCountries(true);
foreach (var country in countries)

GeoRequest request = new GeoRequest(country.Name);
GeoResponse response = request.GetResponse();
GeoLocation location = response.Results[0].Geometry.Location;
GoogleMarkers1.Markers.Add(new Artem.Google.UI.Marker() { Position = new LatLng(location.Latitude, location.Longitude), Title = country.Name });

 //GoogleMarkers1.Markers.Add(new Artem.Google.UI.Marker() { Address = country.Name, Title = country.Name }); 


Oct 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM

This is the code


   For Each row In indoc.Tables(0).Rows
                            GoogleMarkers1.Markers.Add(New Artem.Google.UI.Marker() With { _  .Position = New LatLng(row.Item("Latitude"), row.Item("Longitude")), _  .Title = row.item("Address") _ })