This project is read-only.

Postback Persistence example doesn't work

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:15 AM

As I need to get the user modified zoom level and map position from code behind, I looked at http://googlemap.artembg.com/map/PostbackPersistence.aspx but it doesn't work. I tried with IE8, FF3 and Chrome but map is always at the same default position/zoom level regardless if I press save, submit or restore.

Any ideas?

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:19 PM

I'm looking into this deeper and I'm "quite" confused!

The PostbackPersistence doesn't work if I run it from http://googlemap.artembg.com while it runs fine if I run on my VWD localhost (??!!)

However, my problem is different: I read a lot of old posts here and it looks like that having the control inside an update panel has always created probs, unfortunately it is what I need.
I looked into the "Inside UpdatePanel" example and it confirms my initial thoughts: if you put the control within an updatepanel when a postback fires, .zoom and .lat/lng do not contains the correct info but the "default one" (the one at initialization). 

I have already done most of the work to convert my app from subgurim to this control and, before giving up and get back to old sources, I'd really like to hear if there's a workaround for this. 
I need the map/control to be inside an updatepanel and at postback I need to get the zoom and lat/lng.

P.S. I tried to look into sources to find a fix without much success.

Suggestions? :(

Jun 9, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Hi,

I found where the problem is and will fire up some minor release, patch or code checking by the end of the week.

Regards

Jun 10, 2009 at 6:55 AM

H, that's a great piece of news thx! I'm also courious to see where the bug is as I looked into sources with zero results 

P

Jun 16, 2009 at 7:22 AM

Ciao Velio,

I wonder if you managed to fix this bug. If I can help please let me know.

Cheers,

P

Jun 16, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Hi,

I'm extremely busy lately, but I'm going to work on GoogleMap Control next days.
Hoever I will try publishing a patch as soon as the bug is fixed.

Regards

Jun 19, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Hi,

I just checked in the source with improvement of the postback persistence.
You can find it under Source Code (Change Set 33453) and build it.

However, I hope to be able to issue next release in next couple of days, where those changes will be included.

Regards

Jun 20, 2009 at 7:52 AM

Ciao,

thanks! I downloaded the 33453 sources and built the dll (4.0). However it looks like the bug is still there, if the control is inside an updatepanel .zoom & C are set to original state. I'll try again when you issue the next release.

Regards

P

Jun 29, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Sorry to pester you with this...

Could you please confirm that the bugs has been fixed in 33453 ? As said I tried but didn't manage to get it ok but if you say that it is fixed, well... I would try and try and try....

Thanks!

Jun 30, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Hi,

I have the same problem too...The bug is still there...How can I insert the control into an Update Panel?

Thanks

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:53 AM

It looks like the problem is not limited to having the control within an updatepanel but also have both in the same page, see http://googlemap.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=61693

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Hi,

I was on holiday, that's why was so quiet recently.
I thought I have fixed it, but will investigate the case again next days.

Regards

Oct 25, 2009 at 1:19 AM

Hi Velio,

Is there any update to this?

Oct 25, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Hi Mark,

There is no update currently to that.
I hope soon to find some time to work on that and some other issues.

Regards