This project is read-only.

Artem is undefined

Jun 17, 2009 at 8:01 PM

The control is great and if I can get it working I believe it will solve all my issues. Im currently using VS 2005. And I followed the setup video and looked at the Sample website and I can't seem to get it working. Im getting a javascript error that says Artem is undefined and I don't know how to fix it. The page recognizes the artem tag so I dont know why it wouldnt be defined.

<asp:UpdatePanel runat="server">
            <ContentTemplate>                
                <artem:GoogleMap ID="gmap" runat="server" 
                    Width="800px" 
                    Height="600px" 
                    Zoom="4" 
                    Latitude="42.1229" 
                    Longitude="24.7879" 
	    Key="ABQIAAAAydsyZczdUUC7m1FOxbJ1pBTHBIfT-E1HoI8f1UaxRVGTxFgpYBTgVxeADFAhvcLmX7UA7Q2pMwtm8Q">
                </artem:GoogleMap>    
            </ContentTemplate>        
</asp:UpdatePanel>
Oct 7, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Hello,

i have same problem.

please give the solution if you found it?

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:12 PM

sef,

I had to change my website to use the 3.5 framework and then it started working perfectly. Hope that helps you.

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:52 AM

no, i still in error 'Artem is undefined'

i use framework 3.5 without updatepabel and with very very simple sample!

this sample worked well in local server but when i publish it on domain server then i got 'Artem is undefined' error!!!!

Oct 9, 2009 at 6:35 AM

Hi,

Would you, please, publish here or send me the code of your pages and the URL where I can see/investigate the case online.

Regards

Oct 9, 2009 at 2:01 PM
Edited Oct 10, 2009 at 3:27 AM

Default.aspx

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="false"  CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml">

<head runat="server">
<title>Artem Test</title>
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<artem:GoogleMap ID="GoogleMap1" runat="server" Width="500px" Height="600px" Key="<Censored Key>"
Latitude="32" Longitude="42">
</artem:GoogleMap>
</form>
</body>
</html>

when i publish this project to my domain i receive this error:

-- Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'Artem' is undefined --

in debug mode this error occured in "var GoogleMap1 = new Artem.Web.GoogleMap({ ...... " line.

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
var GoogleMap1 = new Artem.Web.GoogleMap({"Address":null,"BaseCountryCode":null,"ClientID":"GoogleMap1","ClientMapID":"GoogleMap1","DefaultAddress":null,"DefaultMapView":0,"Directions":[],"EnableContinuousZoom":false,"EnableDoubleClickZoom":false,"EnableDragging":true,"EnableGoogleBar":false,"EnableInfoWindow":true,"EnableMarkerManager":false,"EnableReverseGeocoding":false,"EnableScrollWheelZoom":false,"Height":"600px","IsStreetView":false,"IsStatic":false,"Key":"<Censored Api Key>","Latitude":32,"Longitude":53,"MapEvents":{},"MarkerEvents":{},"PolygonEvents":{},"PolylineEvents":{},"ShowMapTypeControl":true,"ShowScaleControl":false,"ShowTraffic":false,"StreetViewMode":0,"StreetViewPanoID":null,"Width":"500px","Zoom":4,"ZoomPanType":0});
GoogleMap1.load();
//]]>
</script>

I sent you this text with published URL for more analysis by codeplex contact user.

Notice: with Firefox not seen any error on window and just map will not load. with IE7 by enabling any script debug options in advance menu you can see this error and debug it.

Please Help me!