Control doesn't work if the page contains an UpdatePanel

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:47 AM

This post wants to be a sort of follow up to this: http://googlemap.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=58880 to write down the conclusion I got too (bad ones!):

It looks like that the problem of the control with UpdatePanel is not limited to the case when the control is inside an updatepanel but also when the control is outside any updatepanels but the page contains one! I spent a lot of time trying to get around the problem mentioned on the first post (including adding js events to zoom end to save zoom value to a hideen input web forms and retrive it later from code behind and also redesign my page to have the map control outside any updatepanels) without success.

If this web control cannot stay in a page where there is an updatepanel, well, at least for me this makes the control useless, hardly you can code a ajax app without the use of updatepanels!

That's a pity.

Coordinator
Jul 7, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Hi,

I found where the problem is.
I will require some time I to figure out some workaround and it is sure that will be fixed.

However, I have initially started ny work on a attached project to implement Google Map control AJAX Extenders.
For me that is more proper way for example to get the current markers on the map through AJAX instead of using UpdatePanel, which is a dark beast, as all we know.

Regards

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Sorry? Google Map control AJAX Extenders? Can't follow you...

By the way, I do need UpdatePanel in the page not to update markers but to update other areas of the page with text & C.

Cheers,

P

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2009 at 5:57 AM

Hi,

Please, check out this new post.
There at the end I'm explaining shortly what I mean.

Regards

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:06 AM

Thanks, I now see what you mean. Well, no doubt thsi would be a nice feature. 

My point is different, I do need to have a page with both the map control and an updatepanel (the map control is not within the updatepanel) to handle another area of the page, I'm not going to use the updatepanel to update markers but text/icons/pics etc outside the map.

Cheers,

P