ASP.Net 4 Beta

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:54 PM
Edited Nov 14, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Hello I love this Control!

Maybe its to early for Net 4.0 but I tested GoogleMap control with the new beta release. I made a new site and added a page with the control -  no luck - I didnt find the  error after houers of testiing so I tryd an other path. I converted one of the latest builds of the demo site included (VB site) to ASP.NET 4.0 and removed all 3.5 stuff. And it worked perfectly.

The origional error Line: 92
Error: '$addHandler' is undefined was not there at all.

Now I nailed down my error to a error that was combined whit the new implementation of the menu (the menu that standard asp.net 4 website gets) if I changed the behaivior for that menu the error dotn exist. (I just change the rendering mode to Table. I can also use 

controlRenderingCompatibilityVersion="3.5" in web.config to get it to work.

However I like the new menu rendering in List mode and I dont like to have all controll rendering in 3.5 mode.

So my question. Is this a "error" in the GoogleMapControl or maybe in the menu control.

By the way if I move the Menu below the map it works fine.

Thanks for reading and hope somebody know why and how....

Jan  

Oct 17, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Hi,

this is my first time ever making a post, so I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do, but  here it goes.  I also am using .net 4.0 and discovered the same problem and you are right by changing the menu RenderingMode="Table" and  things work great, so did you ever get the google map UI  to render while RenderingMode="List" ?

I also think this is a fantastic tool so thank you in anticipation with any help

Simon

Dec 28, 2010 at 1:23 PM

I'm having the same problem ... has anyone had any luck with this?

Jan 24, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Hi,

I'm having same problem, by the chance did anyone find the answer?

Thanks,