A lot of new features added to GoogleMap control including data binding.
- Data Binding to DataSource;
- GoogleMarker info window content extended. In addition to Text property for simple info window text the GoogleMarker was extended with InfoWindowContent template and you can add any html or asp.net controls inside. You can even add a GridView control binded to some data source for example.
- Sample Website(not finished) - A web site with quick reference to all objects and samples of how to use them. It will be available for download in release files.
- Methods added to the object which fire client-side action (invokation of js functions). For example in addition to Text property and InfoWindowContent template inside GoogleMarker you can now call methods OpenInfoWindow and OpenInfoWindowHtml which will fire an info window with provided dom node ot html content to be opened over the marker. Just imagine that now from server-side code you can open info window over the marker with different DOM emenets as content or HTML content in response to different client actions.
Take a look at the Complete list of new features
- GoogleCirclePolygon implemented. Check online sample at Sample Website;
- Fixes for GooglePolyline and GooglePolygon actions (methods);
- InsideUpdatePanel property to specify when GoogleMap control is used inside AJAX UpdatePanel;
- The map reloading on a page with UpdatePanel, when GoogleMap control is not inside the UpdatePanel was fixed;
- Since Release 3.2 you have to set InsideUpdatePanel property to true when (and only) the control is inside UpdatePane;
- In GoogleMap Control 3.2 Sample Website the GoogleMarker sample page is mismatched with GoogleDirection sample page;