Image export/save is now available in GoogleMap control.
All you have to to is to set IsStatic property of the control to true. That can be done in the markup or in the code-behind. Thus you can show the standard google map and then on some client action you can switch to static map (image) and in that way giving ability to client to save the map.
However, I'm sure you'll find soon even more proper and fancy usage of that. Enjoy it.
Better JS delegates model was implemented for the client-side code to work proper with just the name of functions and with provided custom params.
- Static/Image map to provide ability for saving;
- Geo locations for map center and markers are functional with static map.
- Robust js delegate model for client-side code;
- Static map will not work on localhost. Check out Getting around the Google API Key Issue on localhost;
- The max size of the static map is 512x512. Code cuts it if is greater, otherwise static map will not work;
- Only markers are supported for static map - no traffic, no overlays, no directions etc. This is like it is - that's just provided by Google Maps API. There is no as I can see so far support for custom makers icons as well. So, the standard markers' icons are used only on the static map.
/27.Feb.2008/ - Release 2.9.5;