(most recent added first)
Upcoming in release 4.0 final
- StreetView support added
- IsStreetView property to switch the GoogleMap control to StreetView;
- StreetViewPano property to point to a DOM element by ID, where StreetView to be shown on map click;
- GoogleMapView is extended with the new map types: Satellite3D, MapMakerNormal, MapMakerHybrid
Since release 4.0 beta
- Reverse Geocoding added
- EnableReverseGeocoding property to enable the reverse geocoding
- ClientLocationLoaded client side event added for handling resolved reverse geocoding on the client
- LocationLoaded server side event added for handling resolved reverse geocoding on the server
- When reverse geocoding is enabled, if address is resolved for location it will be persisted in Address property.
- Check out this short video GoogleMap Control Reverse Geocoding
- Address Not Found features:
- DefaultAddress property which can be set and control will use when address not found.
- OnAddressNotFound server side event.
- OnClientAddressNotFound client side event.
- Check out this short video GoogleMap Control "Address Not Found" features
- Properties to support Google Maps API Localization: DomainLanguage, AllowBidirectionalLanguages
- ZoomPanType is extended to support the entire new set of the pan types
- Pan types: GSmallMapControl, GLargeMapControl, GSmallZoomControl, GLargeMapControl3D, GSmallZoomControl3D
- Improved GUnload
- Improved GUnload invokation which now works on all major browser not just IE
- Extended Event Args
- Server events are delivered now with a proper event args instead of an empty EventsArgs. For example AddressNotFound handlers now will receive AddressNotFoundEventArgs.
- MarkerEvents inner property
- MarkerEvents inner property is introduced to keep all marker events
- PolylineEvents inner property
- Added Polyline events and PolylineEvents inner property to keep all the polyline events
- PolygonEvents inner property
- Added Polygon events and PolygonEvents inner property to keep all the polygon events
- Porting the server side id of the GoogleMap control to client side (this will be available in final release)
- This means you will no longer need to use the "ugly-like" syntaxt <%= GoogleMap1.CientID %> in you client side (JS) code in order to get a reference to the GoogleMap object, but just use same id like you used for the control.
- For example, instead of: var markers = <%= GoogleMap1.ClientID %>.Markers; you will be able to use: var markers = GoogleMap1.Markers;
- GoogleBounds to be added to some of the server event's arguments (this will be available in final release)
- Adding measuring capabilities to GoogleMarker and GoogleLocation - methods for calculating the distance between the locations (this will be available in final release)
- Marker events are moved to an inner property MarkerEvents in order to avoid need of adding handlers to every marker added.