Major design changes to the control in order to achieve better scalability and extensibility for the new features comming with GoogleMaps API
switched to GoogleMaps API v3
and .NET 4.0
is 100% ScriptControl
now, it requires ScriptManager
to be registered on the pages where and before it is used.
Markers, polylines, polygons and directions were implemented as ExtenderControl
, instead of being inner properties of GoogleMap control
Better perfomance. Better event handling, both client and server side.
Some new features aaded, for example: Rectangle
Directions, client and server side events were implemented.
Some bug fixes.
The google map state is not persisted automatically.
Actually the idea of persisting the entire map state was abandoned in order the make the control lighter, especially in cases of huge amount of markers added to it.
For now it is all in your hands, to register for events you are interested in and persist the data recieved.
In some of the future releases I could add state persistence using the new flexible way of extending the control by control extender and that be used only when realy needed.Important: Because of the major design changes this version is not backward compatable. Updating will require changes in allready exiting pages and markup.
Check out the GoogleMap Control 6.0
documentation for more details and how to use version 6.0.
Download and take a look at the samples in the new SampleWebSite.
Download the GoogleMap Control API documentation help file from the list of downloads or browse api documents online at http://googlemap.artembg.com/docs/
- GoogleMap control switched to GoogleMaps API v3 and .NET 4.0;
- GoogleMap control is 100% ScriptControl now, it requires ScriptManager to be registered on the pages where and before it is used.
- GoogleMap control is not persiting its entire client state automatically now, use the events to register interest in map state changes;
- GoogleMap is script control and requires ScriptManager to be registerd on the page - GoogleMap documentation;
- GoogleMarkers is extender control - GoogleMarkers documentation;
- GoogleMarkers is data bound control - in order to render out markers from a data source;
- Text property was changed to Info - it contains the info window content for the marker and data bind field property was changed to DataInfoField;
- DataIconField added for data binding custom icon url from data source to the markers;
- GooglePolygon is extender control - GooglePolygon documentation;
- GooglePolyline is extender control - GooglePolyline documentation;
- GoogleDirections is extender control - GoogleDirections documentation;