This project is read-only.

Multiple info windows open in GoogleMap 5.0

Mar 22, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Hey There!

Clicking on the marker doesn't hide info windows of other markers that were opened. Seems like a bug, it worked in prev versions by default.

Is there any option that allows you to autohide info window if user clicks on another marker?

Thanks in advance!

Apr 10, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Same is happening to me. The old 4.0 verion didn't work for the custom markers the way I wanted it to do (as they had both the custom icon and the stupid pink marker at the same time). I tried to V5 and that worked for the markers but that popup thing is broken. I'm also getting a JS error on click when I click on the marker.

I have a the markers set for postback event but it's never fired. In my case, everything worked fine until I tried to do dynamic markers. 

Here is my code fragment:

GoogleMarker marker = new GoogleMarker(reader.GetDouble("lat"), reader.GetDouble("lng"));
marker.Address = string.Format("{0}:{1}", reader.GetGuid("zone_entity_id"), 0);
marker.Title = " Click for more information";
marker.InfoContent.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl(reader.GetString("zone_name")));
tmpString = reader.GetString("zone_url");
if (tmpString.Length > 0)
{
    marker.Icon = new MarkerImage();
    marker.Icon.Url  = tmpString;
}
marker.OpenInfoBehaviour = OpenInfoBehaviour.MouseOver;
marker.Clickable = true;
GoogleMap1.Markers.Add(marker);

GoogleMap1.MarkerEvents.Click += new EventHandler<GoogleLocationEventArgs>(MarkerEvents_Click);

For this me this sort of a time sensitive issue so I'll either have to go backwards and use the other version or just fail. 

Please help if you can on this.