Could not get the map with 3.2

Apr 9, 2008 at 12:32 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the great Control, i was really pushing it hard with the google api but now i feel that my life is easier. hmmm I am facing with an issue listed below

I tried using the 3.2 release but unable to generate the map, in i.e. i get a java script error, and in mozilla i dont get the map, It was working fine with the 2.9 version.
I have put the valide key extracted from google maps and have set that in the web.config. Just wondering why the map is not being displated in 3.2 version.

I appreciate any suggestions to get my may displayed in 3.2. looking for any reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance
kranthi
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2008 at 6:15 PM
Hi,
Post here or send me by email some piece of you code in order I to reproduce the problem.
Otherwise, I'm working on release 3.3 which should fix some of the issues in 3.2 as well.
Seems release 3.2 wasn't verry lucky for me and you guys :).
In adding some more features I done some bugs and problems as well.

Regards
Apr 10, 2008 at 6:49 AM
Hello velio, thanks for the quick reply. I am posting you the code of .aspx and also web .config in the respective order.

CODE FOR .ASPX

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="api.aspx.cs" Inherits="api" %>
<%@ Register assembly="Artem.GoogleMap" namespace="Artem.Web.UI.Controls" tagprefix="artem" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<script src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=2&key=ABQIAAAAieM95kNyUUrQnNhJ2zaKtxSLh9HNFc0coq2uROhxoZFm9f9_9hSKrruxQLvVXzfFvAalISk8Jcc5XA"
type="text/javascript"></script>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div>
<artem:GoogleMap Key="ABQIAAAAieM95kNyUUrQnNhJ2zaKtxSLh9HNFc0coq2uROhxoZFm9f9_9hSKrruxQLvVXzfFvAalISk8Jcc5XA"
ID="GoogleMap1"
runat="server"
Width="530px"
Height="500px"
Latitude="42.1229"

Longitude="24.7879"

Zoom="4"
EnableScrollWheelZoom="true"
>

<Markers>
<artem:GoogleMarker InfoWindowEvent=Click Latitude="42.1229"
Longitude="24.7879" Text="asdfasf"/>
</Markers>
</artem:GoogleMap>
</div>
</form>

</body>
</html>

WEb.config

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<configSections>
<sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">
<sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">
<section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
<sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">
<section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" allowDefinition="Everywhere"/>
<section name="profileService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
<section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
</sectionGroup>
</sectionGroup>
</sectionGroup>
</configSections>
<appSettings>
<!-- Please Enter here the Connection String to connect to SqlServer -->
<add key="Server" value="kranthi"/>
<add key="Database" value="YSL"/>
<add key="Userid" value="sa"/>
<add key="Password" value="sa"/>
<add key="GoogleMapKey" value="ABQIAAAAieM95kNyUUrQnNhJ2zaKtxQ7WNb0F-gCxiE-Ww9SNQykHCeJCRS-CiOkoYLDy-Q537q_4wnRWgJrLw"/>

</appSettings>
<system.web>
<pages>
<controls>
<add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
</controls>
</pages>
<!--
Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging
symbols into the compiled page. Because this
affects performance, set this value to true only
during development.
-->
<compilation debug="true">
<assemblies>
<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/></assemblies>
</compilation>
<httpHandlers>
<remove verb="" path=".asmx"/>
<add verb="" path=".asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add verb="" path="_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false"/>
</httpHandlers>
<httpModules>
<add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
</httpModules>
</system.web>
<system.web.extensions>
<scripting>
<webServices>
<!-- Uncomment this line to customize maxJsonLength and add a custom converter -->
<!--
<jsonSerialization maxJsonLength="500">
<converters>
<add name="ConvertMe" type="Acme.SubAcme.ConvertMeTypeConverter"/>
</converters>
</jsonSerialization>
-->
<!-- Uncomment this line to enable the authentication service. Include requireSSL="true" if appropriate. -->
<!--
<authenticationService enabled="true" requireSSL = "true|false"/>
-->
<!-- Uncomment these lines to enable the profile service. To allow profile properties to be retrieved
and modified in ASP.NET AJAX applications, you need to add each property name to the readAccessProperties and
writeAccessProperties attributes. -->
<!--
<profileService enabled="true"
readAccessProperties="propertyname1,propertyname2"
writeAccessProperties="propertyname1,propertyname2" />
-->
</webServices>
<!--
<scriptResourceHandler enableCompression="true" enableCaching="true" />
-->
</scripting>
</system.web.extensions>
<system.webServer>
<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
<modules>
<add name="ScriptModule" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
</modules>
<handlers>
<remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated"/>
<add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="" path=".asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="" path="_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add name="ScriptResource" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
</handlers>
</system.webServer>
</configuration>

Coordinator
Apr 10, 2008 at 10:28 AM
Edited Apr 10, 2008 at 10:29 AM
Hi,

First of all, remove the javascript reference to GoogleMap API from the page.
GoogleMap control do renders out that to page, and even with proper requiest for lates version of the API, while your reference is attached to version 2.0
So, remove next line(s) from your page:
<script src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=2&key=ABQIAAAAieM95kNyUUrQnNhJ2zaKtxSLh9HNFc0coq2uROhxoZFm9f9_9hSKrruxQLvVXzfFvAalISk8Jcc5XA"
type="text/javascript"></script>

Second, if you want to set the Google Maps API key in web.config in order to use it with all GoogleMap controls you may have in your pages, copy the Key value from GoogleMap control to web.config file, because now in web.config you have set the test key I have provided in my samples.
The key there (in web.config) should be properly set.

So, at the end your page and web.config should look like:

• PAGE.aspx
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="api.aspx.cs" Inherits="api" %>
<%@ Register assembly="Artem.GoogleMap" namespace="Artem.Web.UI.Controls" tagprefix="artem" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<div>
<artem:GoogleMap ID="GoogleMap1" 
runat="server" 
Width="530px" 
Height="500px" 
Latitude="42.1229" 
Longitude="24.7879"
Zoom="4" 
EnableScrollWheelZoom="true"
>
<Markers>
<artem:GoogleMarker InfoWindowEvent=Click Latitude="42.1229" 
Longitude="24.7879" Text="asdfasf"/>
</Markers>
</artem:GoogleMap>
</div>
</form>
</body>
</html>
  • Web.config
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<configSections>
<sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">
<sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">
<section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
<sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">
<section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" allowDefinition="Everywhere"/>
<section name="profileService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
<section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
</sectionGroup>
</sectionGroup>
</sectionGroup>
</configSections>
<appSettings>
<add key="GoogleMapKey" value="ABQIAAAAieM95kNyUUrQnNhJ2zaKtxSLh9HNFc0coq2uROhxoZFm9f9_9hSKrruxQLvVXzfFvAalISk8Jcc5XA"/>
</appSettings>
<system.web>
<pages>
<controls>
<add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
</controls>
</pages>
<!--
Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging
symbols into the compiled page. Because this
affects performance, set this value to true only
during development.
-->
<compilation debug="true">
<assemblies>
<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/></assemblies>
</compilation>
<httpHandlers>
<remove verb="" path=".asmx"/>
<add verb="" path=".asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add verb="" path="_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false"/>
</httpHandlers>
<httpModules>
<add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
</httpModules>
</system.web>
<system.web.extensions>
<scripting>
<webServices>
<!-- Uncomment this line to customize maxJsonLength and add a custom converter -->
<!--
<jsonSerialization maxJsonLength="500">
<converters>
<add name="ConvertMe" type="Acme.SubAcme.ConvertMeTypeConverter"/>
</converters>
</jsonSerialization>
-->
<!-- Uncomment this line to enable the authentication service. Include requireSSL="true" if appropriate. -->
<!--
<authenticationService enabled="true" requireSSL = "true|false"/>
-->
<!-- Uncomment these lines to enable the profile service. To allow profile properties to be retrieved
and modified in ASP.NET AJAX applications, you need to add each property name to the readAccessProperties and
writeAccessProperties attributes. -->
<!--
<profileService enabled="true"
readAccessProperties="propertyname1,propertyname2"
writeAccessProperties="propertyname1,propertyname2" />
-->
</webServices>
<!--
<scriptResourceHandler enableCompression="true" enableCaching="true" />
-->
</scripting>
</system.web.extensions>
<system.webServer>
<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
<modules>
<add name="ScriptModule" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
</modules>
<handlers>
<remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated"/>
<add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="" path=".asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="" path="_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add name="ScriptResource" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
</handlers>
</system.webServer>
</configuration>

Please, edit your post and remove the sensitive data about your connection string from Web.config as I did
Keep your private data - private :)

Regards
Apr 10, 2008 at 12:31 PM
Thanks a lot Valio, It is working now. :) :) :)

Can you please let me know if you have any sort of documentation or anything which can help me in finding all the features and how to use them in .net 2.0 or 2005,
I downloaded the samples and code but could not deploy them as we still use 2.0 framework of .net.
I would really appreciate if you can suggest me on this, or refer to any code where i can get aware of the functionality of all the features.

Thanks in advance and Desperate for your reply.

Thanks and Regards
kranthi