GoogleMap Control through postbacks

Jun 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Hi,

I'm using Visual Studio 2010 and I've installed the library following the instructions provided on this page. I've copyed both files on my bin folder and added all the references.

I drag a GoogleMap control on my aspx page and it seems to be working but when I debug the web application I get the error "Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'console' is undefined".

Also, I add markers on the GoogleMap control programmatically but everything gets lost after a postback event.

What am I missing?

Thank you,

Christos Polydorou

Jul 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Have you gotten over this problem?  How many markers are you trying to add programatically?  There seems to be an issue with adding more than 10....

After postback, you will probably have to reload the markers.

Jul 7, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Hi,

No, I couldn't find a solution other than recreating the control on every postback.

I decided not to use this control. I am now using Google's API and some web services.

I managed to fix the "console undefined" error by defining the javascript console.

Christos

Jul 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM

When you fixed the console undefined error, did that allow more than 10 markers?  If so, would you mind sharing the definition code?

Thanks.

Jul 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I was debugging at that time and I didn't have many markers.

Try the suggestion on this article.