UpdatePanel Type

Oct 10, 2008 at 5:42 PM
Great job on the map control.  I have just started looking into it and think that it is an amazing starting point.  One item that I noticed is that in ClientScriptHelper.cs the update panel type is being statically defined.  

_UpdatePanelType = assembly.GetType(

"System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel");

This works great in most situations but you do come upon situations where there is a different update panel type.  For example I am using the Telerik update panel, this causes the code to fail.  I have added code to allow it to search for an additional panel type but again this is just a short term solution.  The question would be how should the control/ library be written so that the developer can specifiy an override for this or to better interegate the controls to see if they are an update panel?  Again, I have come up with a solution that suits my needs but wanted to share with you that this creates a limitation long term.

I also would be interested in being added to the development team so that as I work with the code I may be able to provide fixes and possible new features.

Thanks,
Kent
Coordinator
Oct 10, 2008 at 7:58 PM
Hi, thanks.

In the development team is only me, right now :)
I would be glad to add you to the development team.
I'm pretty busy recently and have no time to support the project and some help with this will be highly appriciated.

Just make sure you want to contibute and I'll add you to the team.

Regards
Oct 10, 2008 at 8:02 PM

Yes, I may not be able to contribute a lot of time to it, but something is better than nothing I guess. 

I currently am looking at the code, having problems with it loading the Map on an update panel.  Loads the first time but not after the onclick event/ refresh. 

Thanks,

Kent

Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008 2:58 PM
To: kent@fehribach.com
Subject: Re: UpdatePanel Type [googlemap:37477]

Hi, thanks.

In the development team is only me, right now :)
I would be glad to add you to the development team.
I'm pretty busy recently and have no time to support the project and some help with this will be highly appriciated.

Just make sure you want to contibute and I'll add you to the team.

Regards

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (googlemap@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email googlemap@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.173 / Virus Database: 270.7.3/1694 - Release Date: 10/10/2008 7:07 AM